Find a Nursing Degree
Fill out the fields below, and we will match you with a degree that suits your interests.
MSN – Health Informatics
At a Glance
An MSN in nursing informatics program is designed to improve patient outcomes, lower costs, and create new tools for teaching or patient care by use of technology. Nursing informatics is the management and communication of nursing data used by health care administrators to manage health information. Some nursing informatics graduates work in education, consumer health, public health, or nursing research.
How to Become a Informatics Nurse
- Complete an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.
- Earn a Registered Nurse Certification.
- Enroll and complete a MSN in nursing informatics.
- Obtain certification nursing informatics and proper licensure (requirements vary by state).
Nursing Informatics Program Description
- Students study nursing science, information science and computer science.
- Program requirements are a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited school and a state registered nurse license.
- Coursework prepares students to identify, collect, process and manage data and information to support nursing practice, administration, education, research and the expansion of nursing knowledge.
- Clinical experience gives students a comprehensive and practical understanding of nursing informatics in health care organizations or corporations.
Salary and Job Setting
- Estimated Salary: $47,942 – $93,336 (determined by place of employment and area of specialty), according to Payscale.com.
- Job Setting: Hospitals, clinics, private offices, hospice centers, nurse-managed health centers, schools, nursing homes.
Featured Schools With Online Master's in Nursing Degrees
Walden's School of Nursing offers academically rigorous and culturally relevant programs that prepare you to improve the quality of patients' lives, communities, and healthcare institutions.
Capella's master's degree in nursing gives you access to a wealth of new information and knowledge within the health care system. Their flexible program allows you to achieve your goals and advance your career by earning your msn degree online.
Earn your dual master's degree in business and nursing, along with specialties in clinical care, education, family nurse practitioner, or nursing leadership at Grand Canyon University's college of nursing and health sciences. Each course can provide you with the skills and techniques you need to become the best in your field.
Liberty University's School of Nursing prepares students to become nurses who are committed to Christian ethical standards and view nursing as a ministry of caring based on the Patricia Benner's theoretical framework.