Find a Nursing Degree
Fill out the fields below, and we will match you with a degree that suits your interests.
BSN to MSN
At a Glance
BSN to MSN programs are for students who have their BSN and are practicing RNs who want to advance their skill level and education. This advanced degree provides the opportunity to specialize in a specific field of nursing and potentially promote to a leadership role. Students achieving their BSN are in search to better themselves and their patients with the expertise knowledge a MSN program provides.
How to Get a BSN to MSN Degree
- Complete an Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.
- Earn a Registered Nurse Certification.
- Enroll and complete a BSN to MSN program.
- Obtain NP certification and proper licensure (requirements vary by state).
BSN to MSN Program Description
- Students choose an area of specialty including certified nurse midwife, nurse anesthetist, clinical nurse specialist, and nurse practitioner.
- Program requirements typically combine core classes, classes in a specialty area, and clinical experience. Core classes may include: nurse theory, nurse leadership, and community health.
- Students must complete all clinical requirements which includes a specified number of clinical rotations at a hospital or medical/health clinic.
- MSN graduates can pursue more specialized fields such as psychiatric mental health nursing, neonatal nursing.
Salary and Job setting
- Estimated Salary: $57,967 – $100,087 (determined by place of employment and area of specialty), according to Payscale.com.
- Job Setting: Private practices, outpatient care centers, nursing homes, hospitals (intensive care unit), neonatal unit, internal medicine clinics, ambulatory care, family practice offices.
Featured Schools With Online Master's in Nursing Degrees
Walden's School of Nursing offers academically rigorous and culturally relevant programs that prepare you to improve the quality of patients' lives, communities, and healthcare institutions.
Capella's master's degree in nursing gives you access to a wealth of new information and knowledge within the health care system. Their flexible program allows you to achieve your goals and advance your career by earning your msn degree online.
Earn your dual master's degree in business and nursing, along with specialties in clinical care, education, family nurse practitioner, or nursing leadership at Grand Canyon University's college of nursing and health sciences. Each course can provide you with the skills and techniques you need to become the best in your field.
Liberty University's School of Nursing prepares students to become nurses who are committed to Christian ethical standards and view nursing as a ministry of caring based on the Patricia Benner's theoretical framework.