Find a Nursing Degree
Fill out the fields below, and we will match you with a degree that suits your interests.
MSN – Health Systems Management
At a Glance
Health management programs educate students to influence and direct the delivery of quality and cost-effective healthcare. Through academic and practical experiences, the health management program prepares students for management careers in all aspects of healthcare, including care delivery and financing, biotechnology and medical devices, information technology, and consulting.
How to Become a Health Manager
- Complete an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing.
- Earn a Registered Nurse Certification.
- Enroll and complete a MSN in health management.
- Obtain certification in health management and proper licensure (requirements vary by state).
Health Management Job Description
- Students prepare to become business and administrative leaders in the health services and health technology industries.
- Program requirements can include courses in healthcare policy and law, marketing, organizational behavior, healthcare financing, and human resources.
- Coursework trains students in effective business communications, policies in decision making and procedures to improve community and managed healthcare fields.
- Students gain experience through academic guidance and community service, with the purpose of enhancing the organization, financing, and delivery of healthcare.
Health Management Salary and Career Information
- Estimated Salary: $34,884 – $86,705 (determined by place of employment and area of specialty), according to Payscale.com.
- Job Setting: Hospitals, private offices, outpatient centers, emergency and community-based health services, primary care clinics, and schools.
Featured Schools With Online Master's in Nursing Degrees
Walden's School of Nursing offers academically rigorous and culturally relevant programs that prepare you to improve the quality of patients' lives, communities, and healthcare institutions.
Capella's master's degree in nursing gives you access to a wealth of new information and knowledge within the health care system. Their flexible program allows you to achieve your goals and advance your career by earning your msn degree online.
Earn your dual master's degree in business and nursing, along with specialties in clinical care, education, family nurse practitioner, or nursing leadership at Grand Canyon University's college of nursing and health sciences. Each course can provide you with the skills and techniques you need to become the best in your field.
Liberty University's School of Nursing prepares students to become nurses who are committed to Christian ethical standards and view nursing as a ministry of caring based on the Patricia Benner's theoretical framework.